Be Stronger Than any diagnosis. Find your strength with support from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana’s team of nurses, dietitians and social workers.
If you have one of these conditions, or a combination of these conditions, you may be eligible to take part in the disease management program from Blue Cross at no cost:
• Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
• Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
• Chronic Obtrusive Pulmonary Disease
This program can help you improve and manage your health through health coaching with Blue Cross nurses, personalized support and education materials. Members who take part in the disease management program are 65% less likely to be admitted to the hospital.
You might also save money on certain prescriptions. Members may receive certain no cost generic prescriptions and will receive certain name-brand prescriptions for $20 (31-day supply) / $40 (62-day supply) / $50 (93-day supply).
To take part in the program, you must:
• be diagnosed with one of the above conditions;
• have either a Magnolia or Pelican OGB plan from Blue Cross;
• not be a Medicare-primary retiree;
• agree to talk to a health coach as directed by your coach based on your health needs.
If you are interested in joining in the disease management program, call Blue Cross at 800-363-9159, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.(except holidays) or visit their website.